There may be a tiny question in the back of your mind after purchasing a new makeup product: where am I going to put this?
Whether your makeup fits in a single drawer in the bathroom, or you have a full-blown vanity in your bedroom, storing beauty products can be a hassle.
Well, I’m here to help.
Today I’m going to be shelling out some easy and cheap tips and tricks for storing beauty products based on the way I store my own makeup.
So, if you are in need of cute and cheap ways to store makeup, regardless of how much makeup you own, keep on reading.
#1: DIY Makeup Brush Holder
What you need:
- A clear glass container or mason jar. Make sure the container is deep enough so that your makeup brushes can stand upright.
- A bag of small vase filler. This can be purchased at any craft store.
- Optional: markers and/or stickers to decorate the glass container.
1. Clean the container with soap and water. Your makeup brushes will be stored here, and any bacteria that makes its way on your brushes may cause you to break out; cleaning is important.
2. Pour vase filler into the glass container until you reach a desired height.
3. You can decorate the glass to your liking with stickers and cute drawings.
4. Place your brushes in the glass, and press them into the vase filler. The vase filler will rise after each brush is placed in the glass, so it may overflow; if that happens, just dump some out, and you’re set to go!
#2: Plastic Office Drawers
Why you need one of these:
1. They are cheap. You can find plastic drawers like mine at stores such as Target and Walmart, and they go for around nine dollars a piece.
2. They come in all different sizes. These plastic office drawers come in numerous sizes. So, if you have the bare essentials, look into buying a small one. If you’re a total beauty junkie like myself, look into the bigger sizes.
3. In addition to size, these plastic drawers come in numerous colors. If you want to keep things simple, snag a white one. If you want the drawers to match a specific color theme, look into the different colors these drawers come in.
4. The clear drawers make it easy to decorate. For example, you can label each drawer by putting a simple label on the clear front of the drawers. You can also put colorful scrapbook paper on the inside of the clear paneling to give your drawers a pop of color.
5. They are space effective. These drawers hold more than you think. For example, one of my drawers holds all nine of my makeup palettes. Take a look below to see for yourself.
#3: How to Organize Makeup in Drawers
What you can use to organize makeup in drawers:
- Utensil holders made for kitchen drawers. These bad boys are perfect for dividing up makeup. Plus, they fit effortlessly into any drawer size.
- Cheap containers from the Dollar Store. The Dollar Store is filled with goodies that are perfect for storing your makeup. Cheap trays and containers are abundant at the Dollar Store, so hit it up!
- Mini cardboard jewelry boxes. I myself use cardboard boxes to store my makeup (see picture for reference). Mini cardboard boxes are free and easy to use in drawers because of how small and compact they are.
#4: Acrylic Makeup Organizers
Why you should invest in one of these:
1. They are perfect for holding the everyday essentials. Diving into a drawer in search of one specific product isn’t ideal; acrylic makeup containers are perfect for storing beauty products that you reach for on a daily basis.
2. They are space efficient. These containers hold so much more than you think. The acrylic container I own holds one full-size bottle of moisturizer, one face primer, an eyebrow powder, two concealer sticks, three mascaras, six eyeliner pencils and a whopping 15 lip products! Yeah, these containers are amazing.
3. They are high quality. These containers aren’t going to set you back a ton of money. You’ll be getting more bang for your buck.
4. They are easy to find. TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods sell these containers in a wide array of shapes and sizes depending on how much space you need. Plus, stores like TJ Maxx sell these containers for a lower price as opposed to expensive sites like the Container Store.
I hope you found some of these tips and tricks to be worth while.
I’d also like to say thank you for reading, liking and commenting on my blog posts. Your support means everything to me, and I’m incredibly grateful.