Hello, pretty people!
I’m so excited for today’s unique blog post. Instead of raving about some of my all-time favorite beauty products, I’m going to be trashing products that I’ve come to hate over the years.
Today I’m here to give you my honest opinion on products that aren’t worth spending money on. I’m going to be ranting about beauty products – both high-end and drugstore – while giving you an explanation as to why I hate a specific product.
I want to make it clear that these are my personal opinions. If you really love a product that I listed as one that I hate, keep buying it if it works for you! I’m just saying that not all products work the same for everyone.
So, if you’re interested in hearing me rant about beauty products, keep on reading!
Beauty Products I Hate
- Physicians Formula Brow Definer
- Why I hate it: I have no idea why and how I used this product to fill in my eyebrows back in the day. This eyebrow pencil the first product I used when I started to fill in my brows until I switched over to eyebrow powder. Flash back to a few months ago. I forgot my eyebrow powder at school when I came home for the weekend, so I decided to revisit my old eyebrow pencil. I have nothing against eyebrow pencils, but dear god this product is so harsh. The formula is super thick, which makes it incredibly difficult to create natural, feathery-looking brows.
- Loreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream
- Why I hate it: This product goes along with the Physicians Formula eyebrow pencil; I used to wear this product religiously back in the day before I discovered bigger and better things. First of all, this stuff comes out of the tube WHITE. Yes, the formula is white. Once you warm the product up on your hands and apply it to your face, it changes into a color, but it’s not what you want it to be. The formula had an orange tint to it, and it didn’t match my complexion at all. Plus, this product did a terrible job at giving me the slight coverage I wanted.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in “Smoke”
- Why I hate it: Don’t get me wrong, I love Urban Decay and their eyeliners. However, this particular shade is wrong on so many levels. “Smoke” is a dark charcoal eyeliner. My mom pawned it off to me, and I can totally see why she did. She and I both agreed the the color was off. When you see the color in the store, you won’t think anything of it. Honestly, it looks like a normal color. It’s when you apply the shade to your lash line when things take a turn for the worse. When applied to your eyes, the eyeliner looks slightly blue. It ruins any brown-based eye look.
- Maybelline The Falsies Big Eyes Mascara
- Why I hate it: When Maybelline came out with their first double-ended mascara, I was hooked. I had never seen anything like it, and I wanted to try it out for myself. The first time I applied this product to my lashes, I was instantly disappointed. I had to coat my lashes at least twenty times to see results, and even then I wasn’t satisfied. I love intense lashes, and I couldn’t achieve my desired volume with this mascara. I love Maybelline’s mascaras, but this one isn’t worth your money.
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara
- Why I hate it: This may come as a shock to most people, but this mascara isn’t all that it’s hyped up to be. High-end products can suck too. I was so happy to get my hands on this product. I mean, it’s Benefit, I thought it had to be good. I was so wrong and disappointed once I tried it out. I have to apply multiple coats of mascara before I start seeing results. Even then the product fails to give me the intense lashes I desire.
- Benefit’s “Most Glamorous Nudes Ever” Eyeshadow Kit
- Why I hate it: There are six shadows total in this kit: 4 are powders, 2 are gel eyeshadows. I love the gel shadows. They are long-lasting and easy to wear when you’re in need of a quick color. It’s the powder eyeshadows that I have a problem with. The four powder shades in the palette are a nightmare to blend. In addition, the shades are powdery and have low color payoff. I can’t even tell you how disappointed I was in this palette, especially since I love Benefit Cosmetics.
Well, there you have it! I’m interested in hearing about products you guys absolutely hate. Feel free to comment below products you hate, and tell me why.
Thanks for reading.