It’s the end of the month, and you know what that means? It’s time for me to share my monthly must-haves!
Unlike last month, I will not be sharing my favorite foods of the month; there weren’t any foods that really caught my eye, so I scrapped the category for this blog.
So, if you’re interested in learning about products I’ve been loving in the month of love, keep on reading 🙂
- I bought this product because it was 30% off, and I’m so glad I did. Nyx’s Butter Gloss in “Ginger Snap” has become my go-to lip product whenever I go out at night with friends. At first, the dark brown-brick pigment seemed a little daunting; I didn’t think I could pull it off. However, after deciding to pair the lip gloss with a darker eye look, I became obsessed. The brown in the lip gloss complimented my brown-based eye makeup beautifully. Although this product can be harder to wear in the day, it’s a beautiful shade for a night out.
- Even though I raved about Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara last month, I have found a dupe being Maybelline’s Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara. I’m obsessed with long, defined eyelashes, and this product manages to give me the crazy volume I desire. At $9, this drugstore product is an affordable dupe for Too Faced’s Better Than Sex mascara.
- My motto is “when in doubt, wing it out,” and I’m able to live up to my mantra with Loreal’s Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner. I’ve been using this product for nearly four years, and there’s a reason why I keep coming back to this product. This eyeliner is special because it literally looks and feels like a pen with a felt tip. You can use your hand to literally draw on your eyeliner; it’s just as easy as using a pen, which is perfect for people interested in learning how to do winged eyeliner.
- If you’re in need of a smooth, easy-to-blend bronzer, look no further than Benefit’s Hoola Box O’Powder Bronzer. Unlike most bronzers, Benefit makes theirs brown-based rather than the orange pigment drugstore brands like to use. The Hoola bronzer blends smoothly, and it looks super natural when applied on the contours of the cheeks and temples of the forehead.
My Top Four Songs of the Month:
- Take it Easy by the Eagles
- I’ve always liked “Hotel California” by the Eagles, but up until a few weeks ago I didn’t realize how much I loved this band. The Eagles have that “American Rock” kind of vibe about them that I’ve come to love. This particular song has such a super carefree, “don’t worry” kind of tone that I just love listening to whenever I’m stressed out or in need a quick song to make me happy. Check out this song and other songs by the Eagles – you won’t regret it.
- Just for Now by Cloud Control
- There’s a good chance you’ve heard this song; it’s featured in the movie Magic Mike. After hearing snippets of the song, I googled the lyrics, and I’ve been listening to the song ever since. Like “Take it Easy” by the Eagles, this song has a smooth and easy beat that’s nice to listen to on any occasion. Honestly, I listen to this song before I fall asleep at night, and I also crank it up when I’m doing ab workouts at the gym. Click the hyperlink above to hear it for yourself.
- Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks
- I don’t like country music, but this song is the only exception. Growing up, I used to love the Dixie Chicks because my mom listened to them all the time. As I grew up, I faded away from country and started listening to classic rock. I rediscovered this song a couple weeks back. This song resonates with me on a personal level, for the lyrics describe a girl who leaves home because she needs “wide open spaces” and “room to make big mistakes,” which describes me and my journey to college.
- Simple Song by the Shins
- This song was featured on the TV show How I Met Your Mother, and I remember getting hooked the first time I heard it. If you haven’t noticed the trend above, I’ve been loving songs with an easy, carefree kind of beat, and this song fits into that category perfectly. I don’t know why, but this song just makes me think of the future. It makes me think of my life and what it will become after I’m done with college. It makes me wonder who I’m going to meet and where I’m going to wind up. Although the future may be hard to swallow for some, the lyrics of “Simple Song” make me excited for the road ahead.
Movie of the Month:
- Django Unchained
- If I’m being honest here, the only reason I wanted to watch this movie was because of Leonardo DiCaprio. I mean, DiCaprio is is gorgeous, how could I resist watching a movie that he stars in? Instead, I found myself so invested in Jamie Foxx and Christoph Waltz’s characters. I’m not a big western movie fan, but this particular film gives me a reason to watch more. The plot was incredible and gripping. I would highly recommend watching.
TV Show of the Month:
- Switched at Birth
- When this show first aired on ABC Family, I watched the first and second season before dropping the show due to my busy schedule. A few weeks ago, I decided to start watching the show again on Netflix, and I’m so glad I gave it another shot. I totally forgot how much I loved the series. This TV show is filled with so much drama, but I love it all the same. I highly recommend hitting this show up on Netflix if you’re in need of something to binge-watch.
- Band tees from Hot Topic
- As a proud owner of numerous band tees, I’ve come to realize that they literally go with anything. You can wear one under a flannel for an edgy look, or sport a band tie with a flannel tied around your waist for a cutesy look. Band tees can be worn with jeans or leggings, and they come in so many styles. There are endless ways to wear band tees, so I recommend picking up a few.
Thank you all so much for reading! Your feedback means a lot to me and is taken into consideration, so feel free to leave any comments below.