I apologize for not blogging about my must-haves for the month of April; college exams were kicking my butt, and I didn’t have the time to try out a bunch of new products.
Nevertheless, today I’ll be sharing my May monthly must-haves. If you’re interested, keep on reading 🙂
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in “Demolition”
- While I always line my top lash line using black liquid eyeliner, I like to use a dark brown pencil to soften up the bottom. For years I was so unsatisfied with drugstore pencil liners because the color wouldn’t stay put. However, everything changed once I was introduced to the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners. I have three of their eyeliners, and every one of them stays put throughout the day. These pencils glide on smoothly, and I never have to worry about smudging. I highly recommend investing in these $20 eye pencils.
- Maybelline Fit Me Poreless Powder
- Because the days are getting warmer, my face is getting oilier. To combat the shine, I’ve been using Maybelline’s Fit Me Poreless Powder and loving it! This powder is super light-weight and provides flawless coverage while eliminating oil and shine from my T-zone. This product is a great drugstore buy.
- Sun Bum Lip Balm in the flavor “Banana”
- Unpopular opinion: I love the taste of artificial banana. With that being said, I’m in love with this particular lip balm’s taste and smooth coverage. I love the way this product glides on my lips. In addition, the lip balm in packed with SPF 30, so it’s the perfect product to throw in your beach bag.
- Too Faced Natural Love Eye Shadow Palette
- You can totally bet I bought this product on impulse, and I have zero regrets. The moment I saw a preview for the Natural Love Eye Shadow Palette online, I knew I had to have it. While I’ve only dabbled in this product a little bit, I can say that I’m definitely impressed with the wide array of neutral shades. I cannot wait to examine it further and blog about the shades featured in the palette, so stay tuned!
- “Daydream Believer” by the Monkees
- I’ve loved this song all my life, but just recently its meaning has resonated with me on a deeper, more personal level. With fantasy comes reality, and sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in our daydream. This song acknowledges the fact that while life may seem like a daydream, reality will start to make its way into our lives over time and reveal whether we’re truly happy in life. I’m a sucker for simple songs with deep meanings like this one.
- “Sleepwalk” by Santo and Johnny Farina
- A few weeks back I was determined to fall asleep early so that I’d be well-rested in the morning, but naturally I started checking social media instead. While I was on Twitter, I saw a tweet that went something like, “I’ll know it’s real if you can vibe to this song with me.” I clicked to listen to the song, and I completely fell in love. There are no lyrics to this surf rock song from the 50s, but it’s got such a classic sound that there doesn’t need to be any words. This instrumental song speaks for itself.
- “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” by Poison
- I don’t have to justify why I love this song; it’s a classic. I love cranking “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” up whenever it comes on the radio because it’s one of those songs you can jam out to whenever and wherever.
TV Show of the Month
- Catfish the TV Show
- I rarely ever watched actual TV during college; I always used Netflix. Now that I’m home, I’ve been catching up on the TV shows that aren’t available via streaming services. I’m a sucker for reality TV, and because Catfish isn’t on Netflix, I’ve been binge watching it ever since I got home. Even though every episode has the same theme, every story is different, and that’s what I love most about this show.
- Victoria’s Secret PINK Body Mists
- I’m obsessed with these fresh, clean sprays by PINK. I have five PINK sprays total, each with their own unique fragrance. These fragrances aren’t overpowering in the slightest. They’re super light, and last all day. I highly recommend Wild at Heart, Wild & Breezy and Warm & Cozy if you’re interested.
Thank you all so much for reading! Check back next week for another blog 🙂