Over these past few days, I’ve come to realize two things:
- Dropping some money on a mini shopping spree can make you feel much better.
- TJ Maxx has everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything.
In the past, I would always head straight to the beauty aisles of TJ Maxx rather than take the time to search through their clothing racks.
After hearing so many of my college friends rave about clothes they bought at TJ Maxx, a few friends and I decided to stop in and shop… little did I know I’d make three separate trips to TJ Maxx over the course of two days.
Because I was so impressed with the amount of cute clothes I was able to purchase at such a discounted rate compared to popular retail stores, I decided to blog about my mini haul.
TJ Maxx Trip #1
This year, I plan to be Axl Rose for Halloween. Even though I already own a basic Guns N’ Roses t-shirt, I wanted an extra large band tee to wear as a dress for my costume. My friends and I were doubtful that I’d be able to find anything in TJ Maxx to help with my Halloween costume, but this is what I found and purchased:
- An extra large Guns N’ Roses band tee
- I found this bad boy in the men’s clearance section for $8.99. How cool is that?! My Halloween mission was complete.
- Lavender yoga mat
- Because I’ve been going through a stressful time, my mom suggested I take up yoga as a way to relax and unwind. This yoga mat cost me $9.99, and I believe it’s the perfect investment in the step towards the right direction.
TJ Maxx Trip #2
After raving about my finds from TJ Maxx to my friends, I started to wish that I would have looked in the women’s section rather than sift through the men’s clearance. Two of my friends suggested going to TJ Maxx, so we went on a mini shopping spree, and this is what I found:
- Black leather jacket
- After seeing my friend Olivia try on leather jackets the day before, I knew I wanted in on the edgy trend. After sifting through the junior’s clearance rack, I found an adorable black leather jacket for $32.99. It was a little out of my price range, but I couldn’t resist.
- Knit grey sweater
- I’ve been stocking up on sweaters like a squirrel hoarding nuts for the winter. After finding and trying on this cozy knitted sweater for $14.99, I knew I needed to add it to my winter arsenal.
- Facetime Lip Scrub and Polish in “Mint Julep”
- This was an impulse buy that I couldn’t turn down. Because I wear matte lipstick almost every single day, my lips tend to be super dry. I bought this small pot of lip scrub for $3.99 with the hope that it’ll help repair and restore my lips.
TJ Maxx Trip #3
Later during the same day I went on my second trip to TJ Maxx, my friend Brin told me she wanted to head over to TJ Maxx to look at makeup and wanted my help. I went with her not intending to buy anything, but… I bought these two items:
- Red patterned pajama pants
- My mom surprised me with a pair of super comfy black pajama pants from TJ Maxx awhile back, and they’re my absolute favorite. After looking through the racks of pajama bottoms, I decided I wanted another pair. I got them for $9.99. What. A. Steal.
- Coconut macaroons
- I love trying new foods. A few years ago, I bought coconut macaroons from TJ Maxx, and I fell in love with them. After spotting them on the shelves for the low price of $3.99, I decided to treat myself because I believe everyone should.
I put together this slideshow featuring everything I bought during my super crazy TJ Maxx shopping spree. You may notice that I did not include a picture of the macaroons… I ate them Saturday night at 1 a.m. while I was writing this blog. Oops.
Anyways, take a look at my finds!
Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this blog just as much as I did. It feels so good to be blogging again, and I can’t wait to start coming up with more ideas for you all.
I’m always taking blog requests, so please feel free to leave a comment, write something in my “contact” section or comment on my Instagram pictures if you’d like to see me blog about a specific topic or product.